The CCARC has chosen the uBITX as our first group kit. Thanks to Steve, N3SB, and Rich, N3III for bringing this together. Kits have been distributed and folks are happily building the kits. A number have gotten them on the air.
This page will record modifications and results from the group. Please forward to the club email your modifications so we can all share your good ideas. You may also forward questions about the information posted here.
These modifications are not peer-reviewed and reflect the work of a number of folks, possibly working in different directions, and so may be contradictory or mutually exclusive. For example, Calibration Theory and Micro-BITX Calibration Instructions apply to different software.
- Kit Building Committee Report August 2018 – uBITX Intro
- Kit Building Committee Report September 2018 – uBITX Harmonics and Spurs
- Kit Building Committee Report October 2018 – uBITX Harmonics and Spurs Update
- USB Connector Modification
- Both-sides Headphone Audio
- Fan, Battery, Connector, PA power Mods
- Grounding Modification
- RF power vs Supply Voltage Inspection
- Outboard Relays Design Document
- Minor Heatsink Modification
- Micro-BITX Calibration Instructions
- Reducing AF Input Amplifier Harmonics
- CW Tone Amplitude Reduction
- Calibration Theory
- uBITX Microphone Notes
- An AGC Exploration
- H-Bracket Dimensions
- Power Feed Modification