Purpose: To maximally prepare for, and provide, emergency and community services to the County and to the community.
The Carroll County Amateur Radio Club (CCARC) Emergency Management Team serves as a vehicle to coordinate ham related emergency and community activities for Carroll County, and coordinate volunteering for community service to local events and activities.
You do not have to be a member of CCARC to be on this team. By registering as a volunteer with the Team you will be added to the list of hams to be notified of opportunities to help the community.
Chair: Don, W3DVG
Packet POC: Tony, KF3AK
Nets & Amateur Development: Larry, WX3F
Contact or Register
To register for the Team please email us a firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form at the bottom of this page.
The CARET Net
The Carroll Amateur Radio Emergency Team (CARET) net serves as a practice and training net for emergency communications and community support. Included are various digital modes and use of ICS forms. All are welcome and encouraged to join in.
Thursday, 7:00 pm, any CCARC repeater
Suggested Technical Capabilities
The following are CCARC’s suggestions for amateur radio emergency communications capabilities:
- VHF portable – HT or Mobile radio
- Winlink via VHF – Ability to connect into one of the local Winlink nodes
- Winlink via HF – From your station, ability to connect to Winlink over HF
- MT63 via VHF – VHF radio and Fldigi with ability to transmit and receive MT63-2KS
- Go kit – A prepared, self contained, deploy-able station
- Battery or off-grid power option
Winlink Packet Email
Installing and using Winlink is easy and well documented. Go to Winlink Express for download and installation instructions. VHF Winlink operates on 145.090 MHz (FM).
Winlink Express contains a list of available nodes. The following local nodes are suggested:
- W8IS-10, Public, 145.090 MHz
- WM3M-10, Public, 145.090 MHz